PATA has a great wealth of experience of working with both the private sector and DMOs during periods of crisis. We have a network of experts and consultants with extensive experience in this field.
Destinations that succeed in achieving recovery will be those that re-engage with these partners and demonstrate they have a phased, structured plan to demonstrate the capacity and return to growth.
As you work towards recovery, PATA can help you identify the right experts and partners to help you develop a qualified, adaptive solutions-based crisis strategy with three key phases:
Three Key Phases
- Create an immediate digital campaign to amplify social media and user-generated content (UGC) to retain engagement and keep the destination top of mind for future travel
- Develop a source of updated comprehensive destination information, recommendations and direction to the tourism industry and other key stakeholders with frequent updates
- Hold online trade engagement events locally and internationally to gain real-time intelligence to information
- Enhance digital/social amplification to communicate early tourism vibrancy of the destination
- Work closely with travel media to drive a recovery narrative
- Execute research plans to determine potential sources and target markets.
- Plan recovery campaigns from short-haul, domestic and regional campaigns through to a longer-term strategy for the recovery of longer haul source markets
- Delivery of informed and targeted recovery campaigns
- Review the areas of vulnerability in the current strategy (over-reliance on a single source market/ over-reliance on a few channels) and identify priority markets
- Scenario planning for market recovery and long-term implications
- Prepare to be resilient in the face of possible future pandemic level events or other crises
Looking for Crisis Advice?
If you need assistance or recommendations for your recovery plans, please contact us.