Communication Strategy Training Kit
Download your Communication Strategy Training
About the Communication Strategy Training Kit
The response of certain Governments to the COVID-19 pandemic, particularly in the Asia Pacific region, has demonstrated the vital importance of communicating with clarity, authority and empathy in times of crisis. Elsewhere, other governments and political leaders have also shown that misleading, inconsistent or contradictory messaging will quickly undermine trust, sow confusion or dissent, and prolong the crisis.
The purpose of these training materials is therefore to help Destination Management Organisations (DMOs), and other components of the travel value chain to understand how to develop an integrated communication strategy which will support the recovery from COVID-19 by building credibility and trust among all affected stakeholders, including
While focused primarily on DMOs in the first instance, the principles and approaches suggested can be readily adapted to serve the needs of any business or organisation seeking to engage and influence key audiences as they consider how to recover from the crisis.
Learn How to Develop your Communication Strategy
- Consider the factors which may prevent effective communication
- Map the relevant stakeholders
- Determine the communication priorities
- Consider the challenges posed by an “Always On” media landscape
- Develop a key message framework
- Assess the effectiveness of different communication channels
- Understand how to assess and identify the right influencers